The Tomatis Method
The Tomatis® Method is a revolutionary sound training program that changes lives. It is an audio therapy program based on the 60-year old Tomatis Method that was developed by Dr. Alfred Tomatis and is used in more than 2,000 clinics throughout the world.
Because 90% of all our sensory experiences include some component of our auditory system, it is vital for this system to function at its best. This sound training program retrains the ear for better listening through improved auditory processing. There are many benefits of the Tomatis Method, which enhance auditory processing, including improved:
- Reading, comprehension, and writing
- Sensory overload
- Anxiety reduction and stress
- Attention and ability to stay on task
- Stroke recovery
- Focus and follow through
- Accidents, athletic injuries, concussions
- Communication, speech
- Relationships: family, friends, work
- Social interaction
- Illnesses that cause learning or functional challenges
- Motivation, self-esteem and self- confidence
- Positive view of life and joy in living
- Calm in pregnancy
There are additional reasons to use the Tomatis Method as a strong support:
- To learn another language
- To accelerate learning
- To prepare for a professional or entrance exam such as the Bar Exam, SATs, GMATS, or MCATs
The Tomatis Method is individualized for each listener—child or adult—and includes the use of patented technology to improve how you process, distinguish and respond to sounds. These benefits often bring ease of living to those with traumatic brain injury or immune deficiency illnesses.
Tomatis is a registered trademark of Tomatis Developpement S.A. Personal names throughout this site have been changed to protect the confidentiality of our clients.